"Room Booking" constitutes hire of the room only and these Terms and Conditions relate to the temporary room hire as organised by the University of Wolverhampton Student’s Union (U.W.S.U).
Conditions of hiring the room:
- Caretakers or other employees of UoW, U.W.S.U. or other authorised persons shall be allowed unimpeded access to the spaces required during their period of hire.
- The hirer shall;
- organise furniture or decoration as required for the time of their booking and return as found by the end of their allotted time.
- arrange to provide their own technical support if wishing to use AV equipment (either exisiting in situ, or their own)
- Ensure emergency exists, signage and equipment are not blocked, tampered with or be otherwise prevented from working as designed.
- Leave the room clean and tidy at the end of their booking and in as good order and condition as at the start of the booking, failing which the hirer shall pay the U.W.S.U. such reasonable charge for putting the premises in such good order and/or repair.
- Be responsible for ensuring designed room capacities are not exceeded and that all aspects of the risk assessment are acknowledged and adhered too at all times.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all attendees at an event are aware of health and safety matters (such as fire procedures and emergency exit routes) and for the proper conduct of all attendees.
- Where hiring’s relate to activities involved food for consumption by the general public (not a private meeting), or is paid for:
- Food shall not be prepared or cooked on any domestic premises.
- You shall be aware of all ingredients and be able to provide advice relating to allergies, displaying this information where possible.
- No cooking of food shall take place on the premises.
- All litter and waste is to be disposed of before the end of the booking.
- Hirer should not use the bar equipment or go behind the bar area, unless prior written consent is obtained.
- The hirer is not authorised to supply alcohol or undertake any licensable acts under the Licensing Act 2003 unless prior written consent is received and this has been agreed by the licensee of the premises (CEO), authorising the selling of alcohol.
- Not use the space for selling of trading of any goods or services without prior written permission.
- Not to carry out any activity of illegal or prohibited nature.