Catch22 Stoke & Staffordshire work with children and young people who have gone missing from home or care, or who are at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE). We deliver bespoke support and interventions to children/young people to build resilience and aspiration and to support them to stay safe. We also work with their parents where appropriate to help...
Volunteer Peer Mentor
This opportunity is ongoing, with no end date.
Purpose of role:
To be a positive role model for young people, to be empathetic and have a commitment to enabling young people to fulfil their potential.
To be there for young people who have previously been at risk, to listen and support them through various difficulties that they may face.
We offer 3-day comprehensive training with opportunity for accreditation from National Open College Network.
* Equality & Diversity
* Lone Working
* Listening skills
* Child Sexual Exploitation
* Professional Boundaries
Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire
Benefits to self
• Full comprehensive training with the opportunity for OCN accreditation
• Support and supervision
• Invitation to further training/events in Catch22
• Reimbursement of expenses e.g. travel costs
• Valuable experience to improve your future career prospects
• Sense of fulfilment and purpose
We work with children and young people across Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire. We endeavour to place volunteers close to their home or place of work/study. Transport costs are reimbursed in full subject to completion of a claim form (public transport, mileage and taxis where agreed in advance).
- Opportunity LengthOngoing
- Volunteering WithChildren and Young People, Community, Safety and Welfare, Support, Information and Advice