Goodlife is a not-for-profit community interest company is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our small but beautiful Gateway to Work project team. Working in Wolverhampton our Community Volunteers will be matched with adults with a learning disability to offer them practical support to explore work opportunities, get a job and build a positive future.
This opportunity is ongoing, with no end date.
The role provides volunteers with the opportunity to work with people who have a learning disability and receive mentoring support and guidance to develop their skills and knowledge.
This role will suit those wishing to make a difference, develop new skills and looking for work experience.
Hours per week
minimum of half day per week or 3.75 hours
- Goodlife Induction
- Gateway to Work principles and approach
- On-going mentoring
Benefits to self
- Learning how to create positive change for people with a learning disability
- Developing communication, listening, team working & advocacy skills
- Creating community links
- Knowledge of brokerage, social care and support systems in Wolverhampton
- Safeguarding principles and practice
Expenses will be paid
- Opportunity LengthOngoing
- Volunteering WithCommunity, Disability and Health, Safety and Welfare