Families come in all shapes and sizes. No matter how they are constructed, Family Action is committed to supporting them to realise their potential. All families encounter difficult and challenging times and many will find ways to deal with their problems, getting the support they need from friends and relatives. There are times, however, when problems can seem too overwhelming...
Health Champions HHANS - Helping Hands Additional Needs Support
This opportunity is ongoing, with no end date.
These are flexible posts which will be adapted to the interests, experience and skills of the post holder. Likely tasks may include:
• Short-term befriending support, advice and information over 6-10 sessions. One visit per week.
• Supporting families to engage in local activities
• Supporting with meetings and appointments
• Support families to access to social and leisure, activities and volunteering opportunities
• Provide telephone support to review progress at a later date and/or help maintain positive changes
Hours per week
3-6 hours per week
Volunteers will be trained, supported and supervised to deliver a range of support.
Wednesbury Children’s Centre
Benefits to self
We are forward looking, ambitious and with a commitment to continuous improvement. We are a people focused, can-do organisation, which strives for excellence in all we do and operate with mutual respect. If you share these values and behaviours and have the necessary skills then we look forward to
Reasonable travel expenses will be paid as well as lunch expenses of up to £4 a day (receipts required)
- Opportunity LengthOngoing
- Volunteering WithChildren and Young People, Community, Disability and Health, Support, Information and Advice