Victim Support is a national charity giving free and confidential advice to victims of crime, witnesses, friends and family, and anyone else affected across England and Wales. We speak out as a national voice for victims and witnesses and campaign for change. Volunteers are extremely important to the support given to victims and witnesses.
Victim Support Volunteer
This opportunity is ongoing, with no end date.
- Working with victims in your community. Providing support, advice and information to assist them to come to terms with the practical, social and emotional impact of the crime.
- Supporting witnesses at court, providing a friendly face during a trial.
- Finding out what each individual's needs and wishes for support are to help them decide on and access their options.
- Consulting with the Volunteer Manager to review the progress of cases where referral to another agency may be necessary.
- Community engagement such as giving presentations to outside bodies.
- Admin to support volunteers and staff.
Hours per week
A few hours per week
6 days initial training, normally held daytime during the week.
- Opportunity LengthOngoing
- Volunteering WithCommunity, Support, Information and Advice