This Idea for Change opened on 30 Jan 2019 and closed on 13 Feb 2019.
34 students voted on this Idea, giving a score of +44.
This Idea for Change was passed to the Student Change team for action:
- 25 Feb 2019: The University has contacted the Create Change team to explain they have recognised the confusion that can be caused around this matter. As such, they are planning a number of things:
- Totems on campuses are being refreshed to include the old two-letter abbreviations alongside the building name
- Online maps will carry both the old abbreviations and the building name
- Gradually replacing the room signs around buildings
- The new timetabling project will embed new abbreviations for the buildings which correlate with the building name i.e. Alan Turing building abbreviation will be "AT" rather than "MI".
This Idea is a win and is therefore complete.