The Feel Well strand of Well@Wolves looks at how you feel and ways in which you can improve and/or maintain the presence of positive emotions and moods. We deliver a range of activities and workshops focusing on managing mood, expressing emotions and improving resiliency.
There has been a lot of research into improving wellbeing. Evidence suggests there are five daily actions that we can all do to improve our mental wellbeing. These are known as the Five Ways of Wellbeing.
What can I do if I don't have a lot of time?
- Make a cup of tea and enjoy it without any distractions
- Tense and release you muscles, especially in your shoulders and hands
- Text a friend
- Cuddle a pet or soft toy
- Check your breathing
- Massage your eyebrows in an outwards direction
- Do a guided meditation
- Take a walk
- Plan to do something fun
- Do a quick tidy and clean of your room/workspace
- Write it down your worries and stresses
- Write down what you are appreciative and grateful for
- Exercise - yoga, a run, a brisk walk
- Call a friend or family member for a catch-up
- Have a nap
- Try some mindful colouring, download our very own Mindful Colouring book here
- Have a soak in a bubble bath
- Read a book
- Go for coffee with a friend
- Watch an episode of your favourite TV show
- Cook or bake
Not sure how to talk to your GP about your mental health concerns? Click below for advice.
Find your local NHS Service click below
In crisis? Click below for your local crisis services.
Useful Self Help Websites